How Can I Find Out If I Am Eligible For TennCare?
There are several different groups of people that may qualify. Each group has different income limits. Some of the groups also have limits on how much you own—your “resources.” These are things like bank accounts, cars, and land. The number of people who live in your household counts too.
Here is a list of some of the people who may get TennCare.
Some of the groups TennCare may cover are:
- Children and young adults under 21
- Women who are pregnant
- Single parents or caretakers of a minor child (The child must live with you and be a relative.)
- Two-parent families with a minor child living at home when one of the parents:
- Has lost a job or had work hours cut, or
- Has a health or mental health problem expected to last 30 days
- Women who need treatment for breast or cervical cancer
- People who get an SSI check (Supplemental Security Income)
- Some people who have gotten both an SSI check and a Social Security check in the same month at least once since April, 1977, and who still get a Social Security check.
- People who live in nursing homes or get home health services in their home, such as private duty nursing or services through a home and community based waiver.